Tuesday, December 26, 2006

It's over ...

Christmas that is. Well, almost, the inlaws will be up for lunch when I get home from work soon. Some of us have to keep the country running. Well, Anne is at the moment, the rest of the work is finished and we're just waiting for the "word".
I got a playstation for Christmas! Well, OK, the Borgs got a Playstation for Christmas, with a couple of Singstar games to kick them off and boy, have we ALL had some fun with it! This was one of the most highly anticipated Christmas' for me since I was a kid, as it will likely be the last year the kids "believe" unquestioningly. Well, Zars did ask me THE question on Christmas Eve. I said "I like to think he's real, and if you believe, then he IS real." She was happy with that. I think we all had a great day, with lunch out at my sisters with my side of the family.
The Borgs and I went for a pretty difficult bushwalk on Christmas Eve. Well, difficult for two young girls who haven't grown their legs fully yet. I parked the Mini at the "Challet" on the upper reaches of Mt Wellington and we walked around and up to the Organ Pipes. Not an overly long walk, but unstable underfoot in parts with old rock falls, and a VERY steep and slippery section up to the base of the cliffs. We had a spot of lunch on a big slab of rock, with Hobart spectacularly falling away beneth us. The kids did well, with no complaints. I let them set their own pace and we made good progress, but still managed to be late home and in trouble as usual.
The last few weeks I've been occupied around the house reducing fire hazards, like trimming trees, removing debris, cleaning out gutters, installing spray lines across the roof and setting up a fire pump, so it was nice to just spend some time with the offspring doing something we all enjoy.
I start holidays on New Years day so hopefully we can have lots of fun together now I've got some of the more important chores out of the way. I'm sure the missus will keep me busy though, there's always something. Always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home